Pazzles Bar

Get the Pazzles Inspiration, the most comprehensive electronic die cutter available, for as little as 99 dollars down.

Monday, November 15, 2010

My first blog

I have been making cards and doing other paper crafts for as long as I can remember. I recently got the Pazzles Inspiration, and joined some groups. Most of the girls have blogs, and I decided this would be a good way for me to show off my creations and share designs too. Now I just need to get some photos taken of my cards to make this blog worth reading!

Until I got the Pazzles, my other card making tools were the Sizzix Big Kick and the five inch Xyron Creative Station. I love the Sizzix, but felt limited by what was available. I have quite a few dies and embossing folders from Sizzix, Cuttlebug, and Spellbinders. I like the Spellbinders dies the best.

I used to love the Creative Station, but now the adhesive refills are getting so expensive that I only use them for a few things. They started out a $5.99 a year ago, then went to $10.99, and now are at $23.99 in my area. That's a huge increase in price, and makes it so I can't sell cards and make a profit if I use the Xyron. I used to love using it to put fancy lightweight paper onto my cardstock. It was the only way to add things like mulberry paper to my cards, but with cost of refills four times as much as it was, there is no way I can justify using it. I also was not happy with Xyron's customer service.

Pazzles has amazing customer service, and you talk to real people who care! They also have an awesome website, and there are tons of forums and blogs with free or inexpensive files to download. I'm still learning to use mine, but I knew there was a learning curve before I sent for it.

I got the Embossing mat and tool and the pen tool when I ordered mine. I haven't tried embossing yet, but the pen tool is wonderful! Today I used the Sakura Quickie Glue Stick in the pen tool, and sprinkled embossing powder on, and embossed nice fine lines beautifully. I also used some of the Jelly Roll pens to write on things with the pen tool. Between the Pazzles, the Sizzix and my printer, I can do almost anything I want now. These tools have almost made my rubber stamps obsolete!

No comments: