Pazzles Bar

Get the Pazzles Inspiration, the most comprehensive electronic die cutter available, for as little as 99 dollars down.

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Roses and Lace Card


I made this card for the JustRite Friday Challenge #065: For The Love Of.

It was supposed to be an easel card, but after cutting the velour paper, I realized that one sheet was a different shade of red than the other. (I was going to have one sheet on the front of the card, and one on the bottom where the card stands up). Well it's a really long way to the craft store, so I had to make it into a regular card instead. The velour paper was cut with Spellbinders Grand Labels One and mounted on Core'dinations white pearl paper. The doily is a real one I got in the cake decorating section.

I stamped the frame and sentiment onto more of the pearl paper using Just Rite's Elegant Frames and VersaMark Ink then heat embossed them with a Tinsel gold embossing powder I bought years ago when stamping first became popular. It is my favorite gold, but the company was bought out years ago, and the company who bought them out discontinued all of the most unusual and beautiful powders they made, so I only use this powder for very special cards.

The frame and sentiment are mounted with dimensional tape. The roses are more of my favorite Prima ones. They aren't bright like in the photograph. I wound the stems into little tendrils and glued them on using silicon glue. The stickers are from my stash, bought years ago at a dollar store, and the pearls are Queen & Co.

No comments: