Pazzles Bar

Get the Pazzles Inspiration, the most comprehensive electronic die cutter available, for as little as 99 dollars down.

Friday, March 9, 2012

Very Flowery Easel Card


I tried out this Martha Stewart Punch Around the Page for the first time, and it reminded me of a cutwork embroidered handkerchief, so I wanted to add flowers to represent embroidered flowers. Unfortunately, I didn't have enough of my favorite discontinued Prima flowers, so I used these Darice ones, which really aren't made for paper crafts, but they work. I couldn't cut the stems off, because the ribbon they are made of would have unrolled, so I coiled it. They'll have to do until I can place an order with Wild Orchid, which carries some roses which look like the same ones Prima used to sell.

The paper is all Core'dinations Pearl, and the bottom and top are the same color, in spite of the fact that I couldn't get a photo where they didn't look different.

I started with pale pink pearl, then punched a white square, and a smaller pale pink square for the card front and base. I then mounted the flowers and added some real half pearls, and some liquid pearls to the punched flower centers, and around the Spellbinders die cut. The flower in the center is from K&Co.

For the base, I added a resin saying I got years ago from Anna Griffin, and used two flowers to support the card when open. Originally I tried pearls, but they wouldn't hold it open.

No comments: