Pazzles Bar

Get the Pazzles Inspiration, the most comprehensive electronic die cutter available, for as little as 99 dollars down.

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

My first Card With Flower Soft


I got my Flower Soft from Our Daily Bread Designs yesterday, and didn't have time to try it, so as soon as I could today, I made a card.

I knew I wanted to use my Heartfelt Creations die by Spellbinders to make a window with a flowery scene behind it. This design in one of my sheets of toile CS looked like it would work perfectly for it. I cut the scene out a little larger than the opening in the die cut and colored it lightly with colored pencils. Then I applied Flower Soft to every tree and plant in the scene. My Flower Soft is the Bouquet box, which has seven colors in it, and I was so excited to finally get it that I used all of them! :-) The set didn't have any green, so I decided I would make a flowering tree in honor of spring. The Flower Soft looks much more subtle in person than it does in the photograph.

I mounted the scene on some paper I bought by the sheet at an art supply store. This paper has a subtle pattern that reminds me of wallpaper around the window. The paper was mounted onto white CS using my Xyron before I adhered the scene to it.

I outlined the teardrops on the die cut with a Pen Touch pen, and mounted it over the scene with dimensional tape after cutting out the cross pieces in the window.

Everything is mounted on ordinary purple CS which is mounted on a white card. I added Queen & Co pearls to brighten up the purple a bit.

1 comment:

Marisa Job said...

Besutiful card Kathi! Love everything about it!