Pazzles Bar

Get the Pazzles Inspiration, the most comprehensive electronic die cutter available, for as little as 99 dollars down.

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Floral Inside Pop Out Card


Note: when I first made this card, I didn't know where it originally came from. I saw the fold on a lot of card sites, but none gave directions or a link to the original. Today, Feb 8, 2013, I found the original card, as well as a diagram for it, so I want to give credit to the lady who, I think, did the original card. Her card and diagram are here: Bente Ă…rstad. I am so glad she shared her beautiful card and diagram with all of us!

I really don't know what this card is called, so I made up a name. :-)

When I started making it, I wasn't thinking about making it for the JustRite Friday Color Challenge #071 - "Perfect Pastels" , but while I was trying to decide how to decorate it, I realized that a lot of the flowers in the paper are pink, peach and yellow, so I decided I would use this card for the challenge.

I also decided to enter it in StampARTic's May Challenge, which is to use flowers we made ourselves. It's the first time I have entered their challenges.

The front of the card uses K & Co paper mounted over Bazill. I made the flowers with punches and added Liquid Pearl centers. The center motif is from JustRite's Elegant Frames Set, and is stamped with Peeled Paint Distress and Pink Brilliance. As usual, when I photograph the pearlescent ink, it doesn't show up as well as it does in real life, because of the reflection from my phone's flash.

I cut the motifs with Spellbinders Labels Four and JustRite's custom Nested Frames Die. I think Nested Frames Die must be discontinued, but it looks like JustRite's Nested Sentiment Dies might work to cut the sentiment in the middle out with. Then I added more Liquid Pearls and one Queen and Co pearl.

I wish I had some wider ribbon for the bow, but I don't, so I used what I had.

There was so much pattern in this design that the only decoration I used inside was Spellbinders Floral Doily Motifs Dies, Liquid Pearls around the lace, and a peach Daisy I made. The space on the right is for signing the card.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cool card. Where did you learn how to make it?

kathi17 said...

I've seen quite a few of these on the internet, but I've never seen a tutorial, and the cards I've seen didn't seem to have an outer layer, (front and back) to cover up the slits where you fold the card.

I'm trying to get the front and back just right, but I haven't got it perfect yet. Figuring out how to cut and score the inside was pretty easy.

Sheri said...

Very clever design! Very pretty! Thanks for joining again at JustRite Inspiration ;-)

Maissi said...

Wonderful card, full of flowery theme :) Thanks for joining at StampARTic challenge!

Marisa Job said...

This is a gorgeous card Kathy! Very unique! Hugs!

Cheryl S. said...

Oooooh, what a gorgeous card, Kathi! I would like to find the directions on how to make one of these.