Pazzles Bar

Get the Pazzles Inspiration, the most comprehensive electronic die cutter available, for as little as 99 dollars down.

Monday, May 21, 2012

Lighthouse Card ODBDSLC109 Sketch Challenge

I made this card for the Our Daily Bread Designs Challenge 109. It's the first time I have entered one of their challenges, and I thought this beautiful Keep My Lamp Burning Set would be perfect for the challenge.

To make the card, I mounted a brown K & C0 paper with a subtle print onto an ivory colored card. Then I mounted two panels with Blue K & Co paper onto generic brown CS. The blue panels have bits of kelp at the bottom. The lighthouse was stamped using black Stazon onto more of the background paper and cut with Spellbinders Labels Four, and mounted on the darker brown paper, which I cut a little larger to create a border. Then I stamped and cut the compass out of the blue paper and mounted that on darker brown paper. Both stamped pieces were mounted with dimensional tape. The compass is on a higher level than the lighthouse.

The card needed something in the corners, so I added K & Co shells, and mounted them with dimensional tape. I used dark brown jute twine to add a square knot on the left hand side. I hope this knot qualifies, a bow just didn't look right on his card.

I am excited to say that this card won at ODBD!

1 comment:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

How pretty!! I love the colors and all the sea shells!!Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!
Hugs,
Chris