Pazzles Bar

Get the Pazzles Inspiration, the most comprehensive electronic die cutter available, for as little as 99 dollars down.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Bluebird Easel Card ODBDSLC111

When I received this stamp and die set yesterday, I knew I was going to have to enter another card into Our Daily Bread Designs ODBDSLC111 Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed or Given, Something Blue Challenge.

I used my new ODBD He Watches Me stamp set to make a bluebird with a yellow thistle, then cut it with my new ODBD Sparrow custom die. (I wrote a brief review about how easy it is to use these dies and how much I love using them here).

I cut some old pink, white, and green paper with my old Spellbinders Grand Labels Four die. The patterned paper is from K&Co. The lacy circle is a Marianne creatable, and the circle inside is some old handmade paper mounted onto old white CS using my old Xyron, and cut out with an old Spellbinders circle die.

The center piece, bird and label are mounted with dimensional tape my mother gave me, and the pearls are Queen and Co which my mother also gave me. I didn't have a die which fit the saying, so I traced around a Spellbinders Labels Four, holding it just above and just below the saying and cut them out with scissors so they would mirror the shape of the card.

The bird and thistle are colored with Copics, and the label is distressed with Distress Peeled Paint.

I am excited to say that this card was one of the winners at ODBD!

5 comments:

JD/ Jill said...

Very pretty!

Myrna said...

Kathi
This is a really great card.
Myrna

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a gorgeous card Kathi!! I just love your making the sparrow into a blue bird. What a beautiful easel design!! Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge again this week!!
blessings,
Chris

Cards By Jan said...

I absolutely LOVE your gorgeous card!! I second that on what Chris said...love your design and colouring!
Congrats!

Betty Wright said...

Katherine, this is beautiful! Wonderful rich colors and design! Beautifully done!