Pazzles Bar

Get the Pazzles Inspiration, the most comprehensive electronic die cutter available, for as little as 99 dollars down.

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Good Friends Card

Today I made a card with one of my new JustRite Stamps Spring Rose Medallions, and cut it with JustRite's matching custom Die.

I wanted to try the technique where you brayer the color onto your embossing folder and then emboss. I've tried this before, but wasn't terribly successful. I was thinking it was done with Distress alcohol inks, so I dug out my blue one, (I think it's called broken china, it's at work, so I can't look right now), and brayered it onto one of my M-Bossabilities folders. Well, it barely colored the paper, so I washed my EF with soap and water, but it stayed blue. I dried the EF and tried the same shade of blue stain. The kind with the dauber on top. I lined the same sheet of paper up carefully in the same EF and embossed again. The color was a little darker this time, at least you could tell I did something. Then washed my brayer and my permanently blue EF again. I have no idea how to get the blue out, I didn't want to use anything stronger than dish washing liquid. Maybe I didn't use the right kind of ink, because I thought everyone else's EFs came out clean when they did this.

The medallion was colored with Copics. I think I am getting a little better at this. I've made a lot of messes with Copics because I'm not used to those huge tips on them, but I'm quite happy with this one. The center isn't as pale as I would have liked, but I don't have very many colors yet, so I used my lightest golden yellow, and tried to shade and lighten it with colorless blender. Now that it's done, I kind of like the color.

The medallion and card background are mounted on blue Core'dinations. The medallion is outlined with Krylon 18 Karat, and the blue on the background is mounted on gold mirror card. The rhinestones are K&Co, and the blue ribbon is Ofray. The little blue flowers are some I made with little recollections flowers scrunched up and glued together with gold centers added. The gold lace ribbon is some I bought by the yard a while ago. I don't know what kind it is.

3 comments:

Myrna said...

Kathi
You did a lovely job on this card.
Myrna

craftieodmae said...

love this card, I gotta have that embossing folder,

Myrna said...

Kathi
Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such great encouragement. I started card making just for my family and then a friend talked me into blogging. However much I love blogging and making cards I was feeling like it wasn't fun anymore. So again thanks for your encouraging words. I will probably post off and on but not as frequently as I used to. Like you say when it is colder that will be the time to sit and craft.
Have a great summer and I will still be popping in to see what you create.
Myrna