Pazzles Bar

Get the Pazzles Inspiration, the most comprehensive electronic die cutter available, for as little as 99 dollars down.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

I love these stamp and die sets!!!

A few weeks ago, Our Daily Bread Designs did a review and tutorial about their custom cutting dies and stamp sets. After seeing all of the beautiful examples, I decided I had to have some, so I ordered three sets. I received them yesterday and played with them today for the first time. They are wonderful!

I love them so much I wanted to share them on my blog for those who haven't tried them yet.

The top photo is of the stamp and die packages that I have, with examples of them stamped and cut out.

This photo shows them cut out with the die sets. I'll try to explain how they work so you can see how easy it is to get perfect die cuts every time! (Disclaimer: ODBD didn't compensate me in any way for writing this review. They don't even know I'm doing it. I am writing it because I like them so much I want to share it with all of you).

Anyway, In the die set you get the die and a little acrylic cut out the same size and shape as the die. The acrylic piece is marked where the die will cut. You will notice in the photo that both the acrylic pieces and the die have little circular tabs on each side.

First, you stamp your design. Then you lay the acrylic piece (the side which faces up is marked), over your stamp so all the cut lines will be outside your stamp. It's very easy to see. When you are happy with the placement, you draw little circles in both holes in the circular tabs on the acrylic piece.

Lift the acrylic piece off and put your die over the stamped image with the cutting side face down. (The photo shows it with the cutting side up so you can see what it looks like). Line the holes in the little circular tabs up with the little circles you made, add a little tape to keep the die in place, and run through your cutting machine using the same sandwich you use for Spellbinders or other similar dies.

That's all there is to it, you have a perfectly lined up die cut! It's so much better than trying to fussy cut with scissors, and it also cuts out those little pieces between stems and other things inside the stamped part. As anyone knows, those little interior cuts are difficult and time consuming to make even with a craft knife.

Now I want all the sets! I hope you found this review useful!

1 comment:

Betty Wright said...

Kathi, this is wonderful! I am so glad you love these dies and images! I am quite fond of them myself! ;) Great tutorial!