Pazzles Bar

Get the Pazzles Inspiration, the most comprehensive electronic die cutter available, for as little as 99 dollars down.

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Sailboat and Handmade Paper JRC_074

I saw this beautiful handmade paper at an art supply store and it reminded me of the ocean. It's a mottled teal and green with lots of texture. I made this card very simple because I didn't want to cover the paper up.

I'm entering this into JustRite Friday Challenge #074 - "Vintage Masculine". I'm hoping it's vintage because of all of the texture, natural twine and distressing.

The base card is ivory and the motif is stamped onto the same ivory CS using JustRite's JB-09755 By The Sea Borders & Centers and die cut with JustRite's Custom Die JB-10025 Nested Oval Medallion Labels Dies made by Spellbinders.

The card and motif are matted with the mottled teal paper and a darker teal handmade paper. The motif is mounted dimensionally. The distressing around the motif and card are done with a teal stamp pad from Anna Griffin, and the stamping is Versamagic Aegean Blue. The coloring is done with water color pencils which actually match the paper colors much better in person than they do in the photo. I wanted the coloring to be light and monochromatic so they compliment the paper rather than contrast with it. Rather than smoothing out my coloring with water, I left it rough so it would match the paper texture better. The only embellishments I used were these two hemp square knots.

3 comments:

Carole said...

Hi Kathi, love your card, the paper is gorgeous and everything turned out so fab!

Thanks for dropping by, it's always nice to meet a new friend. Carole xox

craftieodmae said...

gorgeous card, thanks for crossing your toes! I won LOL

Sheri said...

Love that handmade paper! Thanks for sharing with us at JustRite Inspiration ;-)