Pazzles Bar

Get the Pazzles Inspiration, the most comprehensive electronic die cutter available, for as little as 99 dollars down.

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Lobster and Crab Double Easel Card JRC_076

I decided to make another card for JustRite Friday Challenge #076 - "Stars & Stripes".

For this card, I used some striped and matching red CS with a very subtle Checkerboard pattern that I bought last winter at Hobby Lobby. Unfortunately, I don't remember the brand. It was one I hadn't seen before. I used a variety of stamps and dies from JustRite. The Lobster, Crab, and stars are from the Oceanside Oval Medallion - Cling set, and the tiny scallop shells and the saying are from the Sea Shell Bay Labels Twenty Two - Cling set. The lobster and crab were cut with JustRite's Custom Nested Oval Medallion Labels Dies and the large star for signing the card was cut with JustRite's Custom Nested Medallion Labels Dies.

All distressing was done with Antique Linen, and the stamping was done with Distress Fired Brick. I traced inside the die on the crab and star shapes with a red sharpie, and ran my sponge dauber around the outside of the die cuts with Fired Brick. When I was trying to decide what to put on the opposite easel from the lobster, I found that the crab and the saying would fit together perfectly inside the same die as I used for the lobster, and I really liked that saying. I really like the fact that so many of JustRite's sets compliment each other so you get even more variety every time you buy a new set!

4 comments:

Sheri said...

That double easel card is so cool! Great use of stamps! Thanks for sharing with us at JustRite Inspiration ;-)

JD/ Jill said...

This is really neat... I should get those stamps to make a card for my husband, he loves lobster...smile...You do a great job with this technique...

Marisa Job said...

Another wonderful Easel Card! Just gorgeous!!!

Luv 2 Create said...

Love this double easel card. Gorgeous.
Marcie