Pazzles Bar

Get the Pazzles Inspiration, the most comprehensive electronic die cutter available, for as little as 99 dollars down.

Thursday, August 2, 2012

PSX Fish Shack

I made this card using one of my old PSX stamps. I colored it mostly with Copics, but since I have so few of them, I also used some colored pencils. I wish I had colored the boat red, because it isn't colorful enough to suit me. The colors are so vintage looking that it reminds me of an old engraving I have from the 1800's though, so I don't mind it. The netting on this card is more of the 100 year old seining twine from the weir that used to be in the cove where my shop is.

The image is stamped onto ivory CS with VersaFine Onyx Black and cut with a Spellbinders Grand Calibur die. I mounted that onto green CS and cut around it to mat the image.

The card is also cut with the same die set. I cut the mottled blue CS with a larger die, then cut the ivory card larger than the background paper. The ivory card and center motif were distressed with Antique Linen.

The stamped motif and netting are mounted dimensionally onto the card.

2 comments:

Sasha said...

Aah! That lovely vintage netting again. Yes, Kathi, your card does look like an engraving...it's lovely!

Myrna said...

Kathi
Great card. Your netting really makes it pop.
Myrna