Pazzles Bar

Get the Pazzles Inspiration, the most comprehensive electronic die cutter available, for as little as 99 dollars down.

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Rose Card

I was looking over some of my older stamps, and decided to try this one from Stampendous. I really like coloring with Copics on Core'dinations Pearl papers, so I stamped it with VersaMark, and embossed it with Superfine Detail Gold, then colored it. The pearl paper gives the Copics a shimmer that I really like.

I used Spellbinders Grand Labels Four, and cut the design out, then outlined it with PenTouch Gold, and mounted it onto a brighter pink, and cut out around that. Next, I used gold mirror card, (although the mirror card doesn't look like gold in the photo), and cut around that. Next, I used a larger die and cut some pink Core'dinations Gemstones out to form the card itself, and mounted everything on that. I used Queen & Co half pearls, but added more than I should have, but it looked too blank before I added them. I think I should have tried something different, instead of the pearls, but once they're on, it's too late to change them. I tried adding a bow, and that drew some attention away from all of those pearls and made it look better. The outside of the card was also outlined with PenTouch Gold.

I wish the gold mirror card showed up in the photo. I took it outdoors in bright sun, and I think the gold must have reflected the clear blue sky above.

4 comments:

JD/ Jill said...

This is really beautiful...Like the gold that you added, and the coloring in the flowers is done so nicely.

craftieodmae said...

beautiful, love the shape and your coloring!!!

Marisa Job said...

What a gorgeous card!!! I love the way you colored the flower!! Stunning!!

Sasha said...

Beautifully coloured roses, Kathi. Love your choice of colours, the pretty pearls and bow x