Pazzles Bar

Get the Pazzles Inspiration, the most comprehensive electronic die cutter available, for as little as 99 dollars down.

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Angel Christmas Card


I made another Christmas card for my friend. This one has another of the tags from the same K&Co set as the chickadee card. These were actually designed as gift tags, but they are too pretty to be used and thrown away, so I mount them dimensionally onto cards.

Both colors of paper on this one were cut from backgrounds on the K&Co stacks which matched the tags and stickers. I diecut the paper with Spellbinders and used my sponge daubers to ink the middles while they were still in the die. Then I ran my gold Pentouch around the inside of each of them.

The DP was mounted onto gold mirror card before mounting that onto an ivory card, then I used gold Stickles, and a Christmas green glitter similar to Stickles as accents. I can't remember the brand name of the green, it's something new our AC Moore carries, and isn't anywhere near as nice as Stickles, but AC Moore doesn't have any Christmas green Stickles.

It's so disappointing to see AC Moore carrying more of the cheap stuff like Walmart, and less of the good stuff like Michael's and Hobby Lobby have, especially since we don't have any Michael's or Hobby Lobby anywhere near us. I've always tried to support the brick and mortar stores, but with no place but AC Moore and a bad JoAnn's, I can see a lot more mail order in my near future.

Anyway, I did try a bow on this one, and am still trying to decide whether or not to add it. It gives a very different feel to the card, and I can't decide which way I prefer it.

1 comment:

Sasha said...

Another gorgeous card, Kathi x