Pazzles Bar

Get the Pazzles Inspiration, the most comprehensive electronic die cutter available, for as little as 99 dollars down.

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Fall Flower Card and I got some more goodies



A few days ago, my Mojo left me, so I decided to color some stamps. One of the stamps I decided to use was this old one from Anna Griffin. I've had it for years, and never used it.

I decided to use fall colors, so after stamping with VersaFine, I colored it with my Copics. The minute I finished it, I decided it needed to be mounted onto a golden yellow and lighter yellow CS.

I got it all mounted and thought I was finished with the card except for the sentiment when I decided to outline it with my gold pen. As I was outlining, the pen slipped and made a mess on one of the edges. I decided to cut a frame out of the golden yellow, and mounted that on top of the stamped design, which luckily covered up the mess. :-) Then I more carefully used the gold pen again.

Finally, I used a Spellbinders die and cut a label, then stamped Happy Birthday from one of my JustRite stamps and cut it to fit over the label. All that was left to do was add a few pearls for dimension, and it made a quick and simple card. Once I finished that one, my Mojo came back!

Today I was off the island and got to JoAnns. I was really disappointed because there were no new Spellbinders. Their selection wasn't much better than AC Moore's was a few weeks ago. Since they had 30% off, I had to buy at least two, so I got the twisted Metal tags one which I had sort of wanted, and one of the cut and tuck ones. At least the cut and tuck ones were sort of new, but since I used to do a lot of the Lacé stuff back before I had a blog, I wasn't really excited about them. I got tired of cut and fold a few years ago, and have been more into stamping and coloring lately.

They also had a lot of those inexpensive packs of Core'dinations paper on sale, so I got a bunch of colors, plus some less expensive glittery paper sheets.

Those larger packs of K&Co stickers were also on sale, so I got some of those, as well as some interesting card kit packs from them. I had never seen those kits before, and thought I'd try them and see if I liked them. Some are shaped with flowers and things, and some are die cut. They included matching envelopes. I've gotten away from kits, but sometimes it's good to have something fast to decorate.

I also got some Christmas ribbon, three more sponge daubers, and some tape for my ATG. (I usually buy my sponge daubers in bulk from Scrapbook.com, so it sort of hurt to buy a three pack, but I was desperate).

There was an interesting kit of Something called Fran Tage Embossing Enamel from Stampendous. So far, I haven't been able to find out a lot about it on the internet, but it looked interesting, so I got the kit.

Then we stopped at TJ Maxx, and they had large multi-colored packs of Bakers Twine, Jute Twine, and ribbon, so I got some of those. There isn't much ribbon on the ribbon spools, but there were a lot of colors, and I can't resist packs with lots of colors in them! I really needed the jute and Bakers Twine, and there is a lot on those.

Now, about the Spectrum Noir pens I bought a while back. I don't like them much. I don't like the point, and they seem to make every stamp pad ink I've tried them with bleed. I think I'll stick with my Copics and my Distress pens. I'm glad I tried them so I won't have to feel like I'm spending too much money on Copics though. Now I know they are worth it! I also am very happy with the few Distress pens I own.

Anyway, it was a fun day at JoAnns, and I got some things I needed!

1 comment:

JD/ Jill said...

This is very pretty, Kathi, I bought a cut and fold die, and I feel the same way...I kind of feel like I'm cheating after I made so many cards using the Lace die. But I have to admit, I was never that great with using and exacto knife...so my cut and fold looks so much better with my spell binder die...smile.
Thank you for the message you sent me, I tried to respond, but for some reason I hit a wrong key, and lost it, I'll have to try again later. It's late, and I am getting ready to turn in for the night.