Pazzles Bar

Get the Pazzles Inspiration, the most comprehensive electronic die cutter available, for as little as 99 dollars down.

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Chickadee Ornament Card ODBDSLC133 Sketch


I made this card for Our Daily Bread Designs Challenge ODBDSLC133 Sketch.

A list of what I used to make the card is below the post.

For this card, I stamped the Chickadee Ornament onto pearl paper using VersaMark, and embossed it in gold. Then I used the sky blue ink to color the center of the ornament. Next, I colored the birds with Copics. It's kind of hard to see the detail in the photo because of the shine from the embossing powder and pearl paper.

The ornament and larger blue mat were cut with Spellbinders circles, and the gold mirror card between the two layers was cut with a Spellbinders scalloped circle die. These were outlined with a gold pen and mounted dimensionally onto the doily background.

The doily was cut from pearl paper with a Noor! Die, and shaded with Galaxy Gold. In person, it is metallic and matches the other golds, but the photo makes it look yellow. I love this gold in person, my old metallic golds looked like metallic brown, but this one is really pretty. I just wish it photographed better.

I embossed the blue layer behind the doily, and fussy cut it to mount behind the doily. This was mounted dimensionally onto the card when the card was finished.

The card is made by layering some pearl paper which was run through an embossing folder onto gold mirror card, more of the gemstones, and onto a base of pearl.

The wide ribbon was sheer white with metallic edges and gold sparkles. I cut a piece of the gemstones paper the width of the ribbon to make the ribbon match the card, mounted the ribbon on the paper, and trimmed the end to match the sketch. Then I mounted that onto the embossed background and folded the flat end onto the back. Next, I added a narrow gold ribbon vertically and assembled the card.

This card is 7 1/4" square, so the embossing folder had to be used more than once to cover the background, and I had to make the card using two pieces of the pearl paper attached to each other to get the 14 1/2" length it required.

It's fairly easy to do that, you just cut one 7 1/4" square. and one that is 7 1/4 x 7 3/4", and score a half inch fold on the larger piece. Then you put the two together, gluing the half inch fold on the backside of the square card. That way, the join is behind the card and no one ever sees it.

Stamps: Our Daily Bread Designs Chickadee Ornament

Ink: VersaMark, Brilliance Galaxy Gold, Brilliance Sky Blue

Paper: Core'dinations Pearl, Core'dinations Gemstones, Gold Mirror Card

Dies: Spellbinders, Noor!

Embossing Folder: Darice

Other Items: Ribbon, Copics, Gold Embossing Powder, Metallic Gold Pen



8 comments:

Sasha said...

Gorgeous card, Kathi!
I love your sweet little chickadee! Beautifully coloured and I love the dies you used x

JD/ Jill said...

Very pretty, Kathi

Grace said...

Oh my goodness Kathi!!! This is the most amazing card!!! Your pearl papers and the metalics and embossing are soooo elegant! I love all the detail you have on this card... so many layers and textures and the result is absolutely gorgeous!!! I just love your take on the sketch! I must check out that doily! :) TFS!
hugs,
Grace

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Hi Kathi!! I came here to see what you were up to...what a surprise to see your take on the sketch!! Gorgeous!!! I just love your embossing of the doves and your use of dies. SO ELEGANT!!!!
hugs,
Chris

craftieodmae said...

Absolutely gorgeous as always!!!!

Jan Marie said...

This is exquisite! Like fine china or porcelain. . .gorgeous work!! Love all of the intricate details!! Blessings!

Angella D. Crockett said...

Super gorgeous!!! Love all of the shine, shimmer, and beautiful elements!!

Rosemary said...

oh this is just gorgeous kathy!! the embossing is so beautiful!! thanks for playing along with the shining the light challenge this week!