Pazzles Bar

Get the Pazzles Inspiration, the most comprehensive electronic die cutter available, for as little as 99 dollars down.

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Embossed Flower Card


I decided to do a card with an embossed background. I wanted lace at the bottom, so I decided to use this Spellbinders die which I had never used before. After I got everything glued down and was ready to decorate it, I wished I had used real lace at the bottom, but it was too late. The die I had used was a bit plain for the embossing, where real lace probably would have matched it better. The EF is from Darice.

I used this Spellbinders die to make a frame, then cut a blue rectangle for the center and shaded it with VersaMagic Aegean Blue. The frame was mounted dimensionally onto the card, then I added a K&Co dimensional sticker.

Last, I added ribbon and a bow and some half pearls to the card, and Liquid Pearls to the lace.

6 comments:

Marie-Louise said...

Marvellous card Kathi. Love the embossing and that marvellous bow.

Sasha said...

Beautiful embossed background, Kathi. Lovely floral image and pearl embellishing x

Myrna said...

Kathi
Another beautiful card. Such a lovely emboss folder.
Myrna

rudlis said...

Beautiful card. I love embossing :)

Alison Scott said...

A wonderful card. I really like that shade of blue. Do you know if it has a name?

kathi17 said...

Hi Alison, the paper was in an inexpensive Core'dinations stack. Actually, the same shade of blue was in several of the core'dinations stacks. The paper in this stack isn't great, it's very light weight CS, but it works okay as long as you mount it onto something heavier.