Pazzles Bar

Get the Pazzles Inspiration, the most comprehensive electronic die cutter available, for as little as 99 dollars down.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Butterfly and Roses Card


This is another of the digital stamps I made the other day. I had originally planned on printing the butterfly twice so I could layer them and raise the wings on the top butterfly, but I forgot, and only printed it once. My house is tiny, and my printer is very large, so printing for me at home is difficult. It means rearranging things and carrying a very heavy printer, so I decided to do something different from what I had planned.

First I colored the stamp with Copics. Next, I went around a lot of the parts with a metallic gold pen, which gave it sort of a cloisonne look. It was pretty, but it didn't have the dimension I had planned on, so I used Glossy Accents on the butterfly, and he looked really nice, although you can't see it in the photograph.

My DCWV Mariposa stack had a sheet of purple CS with gold foil, and I had never found anything to go with it. The butterfly seemed to work, so I used it with some Gold mirror card and mounted it onto my card. Then I cut out a few different doilies, and decided I like this one by Noor! Designs the best, so I stenciled it with Delicata Golden Glitz, and mounted it, and the butterfly onto the card.

Next, I added roses, rosebuds, foliage, and pearls to the card.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Kathi, this is breathtaking. I love that butterfly. The colors are stunning.

JD/ Jill said...

Beautiful card...It always amazes me the beautiful work you do with your gold pen. You must have a very steady hand.

Myrna said...

Kathi
Your butterfly is stunning!!
Actually the whole card is stunning.
The butterfly catches my eye though because, as you know, I LOVE blue. lol
I wish my hand was as steady as yours with such great coloring and outlining.
Myrna

Marie-Louise said...

Wow Kathi this is absolutely gorgeous.

Alison Scott said...

Beautiful butterfly Kathi. It's gorgeous.