Pazzles Bar

Get the Pazzles Inspiration, the most comprehensive electronic die cutter available, for as little as 99 dollars down.

Monday, March 11, 2013

Pink Gold, White Gold and Yellow Gold Card



When I was in New York in December, I bought some pretty white paper with a gold shimmer to it. I also bought some ink pads with a gold shimmer, including Tsukineko Brilliance Rocket Red Gold, and Tsukineko Brilliance Galaxy Gold.

I've wanted to use the paper for a while, but was hoarding it because I can't get it again easily. While I was trying to get to sleep last night, I was thinking of a way to use it, and decided I would make a card using that paper and the two ink pads, along with some dies.

The dies I used are a Marianne Creatables square, a die from Spellbinders Marvelous Squares, and two dies from Spellbinders Persian Accents. The papers are all either gold mirror card or the white paper with a gold shimmer to it. The colors are from shading the paper with the inks.

All the shading which looks pink is the red gold ink. The darker shade is applied with a combination of blending stumps and those Ranger nibs, and the lighter shade is applied with sponge daubers. The card itself is made from the white paper and shaded with the brilliance gold. It looks yellow in the photo, but in person, that, the pink paper, and the white paper, as well as the inks all have the gold shimmer and look quite pretty together. One layer of the pink shaded paper is outlined with a metallic gold pen. The pearls are Liquid Pearls.


5 comments:

Marie-Louise said...

This is beautiful Kathi. Is it possible that your paper is Centura Pearl - they do paper and card with gold shimmer and silver shimmer and is sold by Crafters Companion who are now in U.S.A. Haven't seen this ink though - I am going to have to have a look for it. Such a gorgeous card.

Myrna said...

Kathi
Once again a gorgeous creation.
Myrna

JD/ Jill said...

Very pretty! And of course, I like the PINK!

Unknown said...

Kathi, I really love how you been using your dies. Everything has been stunning.

craftieodmae said...

sorry I have been late commenting, having computer problems, hope to get the new one up and going today, your card is gorgeous, love all the die cuttings!!!!