Pazzles Bar

Get the Pazzles Inspiration, the most comprehensive electronic die cutter available, for as little as 99 dollars down.

Monday, March 18, 2013

There's No One Like You Card



I decided to make a white on white card with my new Cuttlebug Geometric Circles EF. When I did the embossing, I tried using Brilliance Platinum Planet ink on the EF so it would have a subtle sheen in the recessed areas. It didn't really show up, so I went over the raised part with the ink pad after I took it out of the embossing folder, hoping it would have more sheen. I took two photos, one showing the depth, and one showing the sheen.

The card is 5x7, with a 4.75 x 6.75 layer mounted dimensionally on that. I went around that layer with a dauber and the platinum ink. The embossed layer was cut to 4.5 x 6.5 before embossing it, and I cut another piece of white CS the same size to mount it onto to give it more strength, since I mounted the embossed layer dimensionally as well.

Then I stamped a JustRite sentiment in silver and cut it out with a Spellbinders framed tag, and cut and embossed both pieces of the tag. I rubbed the platinum ink onto the bottom layer of the tag, and mounted the sentiment dimensionally onto that.

The tag was mounted over a white satin ribbon. Some Recollections daisies which had also been shaded with the platinum ink were added, and I used White Liquid Pearls to accent the card.

4 comments:

Myrna said...

Kathi
Stunningly breathtaking.
So often less is more, isn't it?
Myrna

Marie-Louise said...

Gorgeous card Kathi. So very elegant.

Alison Scott said...

Beautiful card Kathi.
I love the sheen from the ink.
How on earth do you get such consistency in the liquid pearls? Mine are always all different sizes! Hmmph.

Antoinette Voorn said...

Ohhhh what a lovely white card really beautiful

Gr Antoinette
http://antoinettecreacards.blogspot.nl