Pazzles Bar

Get the Pazzles Inspiration, the most comprehensive electronic die cutter available, for as little as 99 dollars down.

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Flowers and Filigrees


I'm not sure I really like this card. I started out with a really complicated idea for a mini album, and worked on it for hours. It never came out right, so I decided to make a card instead. Since it was late when I started the card, I tried to rush. I also didn't have any ideas in my head for the card. I just grabbed one of my digital stamps and colored it with Copics, and went from there.

After coloring the design, I fussy cut it and went around the outside with a gold Gellyroll pen.

The panels behind it are Spellbinders Decorative Labels One, and Decorative Labels Eight, shaded with Brilliance Sky Blue, and outlined with the Gellyroll gold. The design is mounted dimensionally.

These were mounted onto some linen textured blue CS from my stash, and matted with gold.

The card was finished with some Liquid Pearls and some little roses and rose buds from my stash.



5 comments:

Judys Lace Creations said...

Nothing wrong with this card Kathi.It looks pretty stylish to me. Sometimes when we're too close to our work we can't see it as it really is.Put it away for a day, then look at it again.You'll like it better then.
Thanks for the lovely comment about my wall hanging.
Judy

Sasha said...

Well, it was worth all the time and effort you put into it, Kathi. The finished result is very striking and beautifully coloured, as always x

Myrna said...

Kathi
Your hard work on this gorgous card was well worth it.
Myrna

JD/ Jill said...

I think it's beautiful!

Marie-Louise said...

Wow what a fabulous image Kathi - hope you start to sell your images soon - this is gorgeous. Beautiful card.