Pazzles Bar

Get the Pazzles Inspiration, the most comprehensive electronic die cutter available, for as little as 99 dollars down.

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Isle Au Haut Lighthouse Card


I hope you're not bored seeing another lighthouse card, but since I live on an island, I need to make more nautical cards for my shop.

This one is a very old stamp of Isle Au Haut, by a company, which I think is out of business, because I can find nothing about it on the internet. This lighthouse is very close to us. In order to get to the island where it is located, you have to take a mailboat from our town. My father-in-law used to run the mailboat before he passed away. The lighthouse was a bed and breakfast for quite a few years, and I wonder if the people who made the stamp stayed there, since it is a very obscure lighthouse. The company that made it was in California.

I made this one exactly the same way as I made the Portland Head one yesterday, using various stamp pads to color it using Ranger nibs and sponge daubers. This is a really difficult stamp to get a good impression with. So far, the only ink I've ever gotten a good one with is Stazon, so that is what I used to stamp this card with.

4 comments:

Marie-Louise said...

Another great card Kathi.

JD/ Jill said...

Very, very pretty, Kathi. Beautifully colored!

Kathi, I would wish for you too... to be able to see the Brandywine area. Beautiful places to visit, and close enough to me that maybe we would be able to get together. One can dream anyway.

Myrna said...

Kathi
I love, love, love this card. It is very beautiful and the old building behind the light house is so charming.
Myrna

Antoinette Voorn said...

Beautiful and very dreamy scenery Kathi!!

Greetz
http://antoinettecreacards.blogspot.nl