Pazzles Bar

Get the Pazzles Inspiration, the most comprehensive electronic die cutter available, for as little as 99 dollars down.

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

New Spellbinders


It's been a really long time since I have bought anything really interesting. Most of the money I made this summer has gone to pay bills, but a few weeks ago I decided to treat myself to a bunch of the newer Spellbinders I have been drooling over, and they arrived today.

I got these three 3D M-bossabilities, plus the regular M-bossalility folder above. I love the new 3D ones, they really have a lot of depth to them, and are beautiful when embossed. I embossed them all on plain white cardstock just to see what they looked like, and I was impressed. I can't wait to see what they look like when I add color to them.


These are the dies I got. I feel very lucky to have gotten so many of the really beautiful ones.

I also got the junior magnetic spacer thing it says you need for the Imperial Gold ones. I've got to find out what I was doing wrong with that though. I followed the directions exactly, and double checked to make sure I was doing it right. It was almost impossible to turn the crank on my Grand Calibur using the cutting sandwich it said to use on the package. I ended up backing my dies out, because I was afraid I was going to break the grand Calibur. The magnetic spacer things are really mangled now. Anyway, I found out that the Imperial Gold ones come out perfectly well without the magnet. I taped them the same way as you tape any other die to keep them from moving when you cut them together, and ran them through once, then ran them through again sideways if they needed it, just like with any other intricate die. The magnet would have been great for holding everything in place, but after trying two different gold dies with it, my Grand Calibur sounds kind of funny now. I hope I didn't break anything. The instructions said to use the A and C plates with the magnet, which is what I did. I was just trying different combinations of the dies to see what they look like, and only used cheap, lightweight CS, so it wasn't like I was trying to cut the good stuff.

I spent all afternoon trying different combinations of the dies to see the different ways to use them, and I still haven't cut them all yet. It was really fun, and they are so beautiful. All these new dies are so lacy and intricate, and I am really excited to play with them some more!

I also like the fact that so may of the newer Spellbinders products are larger. My cards are almost always 5x7 or larger, and if they are square, they are usually either 6 or 7 inches. In my shop, people barely look at anything smaller. They really like the larger ones, and the larger sizes of the dies and embossing folders makes it much easier to make the cards bigger.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You picked up some really great dies and folders. Let me warn you, once you use that Majestic Labels Twenty-Five, you won't be able to put it down. Have fun.

JD/ Jill said...

Yes, You have some great new supplies. I don't remember seeing any of them before.