Pazzles Bar

Get the Pazzles Inspiration, the most comprehensive electronic die cutter available, for as little as 99 dollars down.

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Air Dry Clay and Silicone Molds


My birthday is in a couple of weeks, and my mother wanted us to take her to AC Moore so she could get me some birthday presents.

While we were there, I decided to buy one of the Martha Stewart Craft Clay kits. The only one they had was the heirloom kit, but that's okay, because I really liked the molds that came with it.

I have been looking at these for a long time, but what made me decide to buy them was that I had bought a silicone mold from Mod Podge, and some of their glue stick type things a few weeks ago and didn't like them, but I needed something I could use in the mold.

I had also been looking at silicone molds since I bought the Mod Podge one, and had found so many beautiful ones made for baking on the internet. I did a Pinterest page of many of them here. They are gorgeous, so go look at them!

Anyway, after seeing those molds, I decided to get the MS kit, and some Wilton molds. My mother got me a couple more of the MS molds as well, but I can't have them until my birthday. :-)

I wish I had bought more of the white clay while I was there, because I have a feeling I am going to need it. Oh well, it's something to ask Santa for! I've seen people mixing it with PearlEx on the internet, and I really want to try that!

The red, yellow, blue, brown, and white clay were in the kit, along with a couple of white plastic tools, some florist tape, and some florist wire in case you want to make one of the beautiful roses in the instructions.

The small round blue molds were also in the kit. The two large blue ones are from Wilton, and I kept the photos that were with them so I could use them for future reference. Those photos are at the top of the picture. Even though some of them are quite large, I thought that they would be fun on cigar boxes. The orange ones at the top, are the Mod Podge ones.

Anyway, I'm off to play, I'll let you know how I like them!

1 comment:

JD/ Jill said...

What a great birthday...I have tried so many different crafts through the years...but this is something I have never tried...I know that there is a lot of neat things that you can do with it...and I'm sure your projects will be a fabulous as your cards...