Pazzles Bar

Get the Pazzles Inspiration, the most comprehensive electronic die cutter available, for as little as 99 dollars down.

Friday, January 10, 2014

Creatables Wooden Christmas Box


Sorry about more Christmas things in January, but I'm still catching up on posting projects I finished last fall.

This is another altered cigar box. This one had a sliding top, so my husband drilled a hole in the top, and I added a little knob so it would be easier to open. The knob and the edges of the box were shaded with Viva Decor Inca Gold, then I applied some wood veneer to all the sides. The Marianne Creatables were cut and embossed from a lighter veneer, and shaded while still in the die with the Inca Gold, then the whole thing was varnished.

I made it while the shop was still open, and a lady paid me for it while I was still working on it. She wanted it for her husband for Christmas. I love it when that happens!

2 comments:

JD/ Jill said...

Really nice box! And I wouldn't get tired of seeing your Christmas cards and projects all year long...because I am now working on my Christmas things all year long...so I don't feel so over whelmed at Christmas...And I need all the inspiration that I can get.

Marie-Louise said...

No wonder it sold so quickly - it is really beautiful.